Telecare Corporation - Used to be a good company, but.......... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation

"Used to be a good company, but.........."

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

Pros

We do good work with a difficult population. The line staff are great.

Cons

I have worked for Telecare for years. It has always been a "good" place to work until 2 years ago: At that time, one of the programs had their employees "unionize". The CEO Anne Bakar is terrified of the union because in a previous attempt to unionize, the union harassed her and her family (at her home). As a response to the unionization of one telecare program, the company has been holding "focus groups" whereby, the employees get to talk about whatever they don't like about management. these focus groups are being used to fire management without any recourse. District Managers are being instructed to "purge" management (and happy to do so because it draws attention away from their inability to do their own jobs - or they are ashamed of this unprofessional, and reactionary "policy" ). I have been doing this as a professional for over 25 years. I have never seen this type of management style (and for good reason!). Bottom line is: Telecare is a scary place to work right now, the CEO is operating from a fear-based position. That position has made her (and Telecare) a highly unstable company to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions based upon Union fear. Remember you have a population to serve - you can't (and won't) serve them if you keep treating your people this way. Poor management starts at the top.

Other Employee Reviews for Telecare Corporation

"poor management"

Former Employee - Personal Service Coordinator in Unknown (Bangladesh)
    Former Employee - Personal Service Coordinator in Unknown (Bangladesh)

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interacting with the clients is the best part of the job. I think the recovery philosophy is beneficial to a lot of the clients.

Cons

There aren't enough clinicians or therapists for clients, only paraprofessional staff. Low pay. Management is bogged down by administrative tasks and do not provide much supervision. I didn't grow a lot professionally.

Advice to Management

Hire therapists and increase clinical skills of staff

"Apathetic Management: Truth is Lip Service is not Action"

Current Employee - Director of Nursing
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a job and everyone needs a job. Facility is located close to living space.

Cons

Management is apathetic and unprofessional. Total lack of professional courtesy and leadership. Benefits are sub par with little to no room for advancement. Corporate talks a good game but endgame is all talk and no action for improvement.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified individuals, not someone that you know and gave a promotion without merit. Its okay to hire Caucasians that are male and have not only the minimum requirements but are over qualified for the position. I think they can do the job better than a minimum qualified individual with little to no real experience in the discipline.