Telephonics - Very unpleasent, a cover your A#!@ enviorment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Telephonics

"Very unpleasent, a cover your A#!@ enviorment"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Farmingdale, NY
Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Farmingdale, NY

Pros

Interesting technologies\end products to work on

Cons

Top heavy, too many chiefs, cover your back-side enviorement. each engineering class seemed pitted against one another...System engineering not playing nice with Electrical engineering. I was hired to work as a lead engineer on the NETCOM-V program, which I learned later was in very bad shape, was plegged with problems do to poor past amangement decisons....program was hemerging money due to outside entity having done the actual hands-on design. Two prior lead engineers were gone through before I was hired. I was let go 9 months later...first time in my entire career.

Advice to Management

I belive this needs to be addresed at the top-most level (i.e. GM level) and then down. Thier issue is really a culture issue. A sense of unity between all displines needs to be ushered in by Joe Battaglia thta promotesaccountability at the manager levels.

Other Employee Reviews for Telephonics

"Okay"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Farmingdale, NY

Pros

Flex time, Technology is reasonable up to date

Cons

Managment could greatly improve their skills

Advice to Management

Stop the finger pointing

"Internship"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Intern in Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Intern in Huntington, NY

Pros

10 week internship was a great experience although I was in school for a degree in aero engineering. I learned how to use new software such as AutoCAD and became very familiar with manufacturing processes. I was also able to co-lead a new program which included operation sheet production and assembly line maintenance. They offered good programs and workshops for interns. 4 1/2 day work week was also great.

Cons

Most of the work was very simple as there was not much time during the 10 weeks to be taught more complex tasks. Some things became routine.

Advice to Management

My manager was very informative and helpful however there was not enough work to keep me busy. I had to repeatedly go back and ask for new projects.