Tempel Steel - Best Place to Work | Glassdoor
  1. "Best Place to Work"

I worked at Tempel Steel full-time

Pros

Beautiful office, great location, great people for the most part and amazing benefits you really won't see anywhere else.

Cons

May take a while to move up the ladder.

Tempel Steel2017-04-28

Other Employee Reviews

"I am happy for the good times and I hope this company realize is going downhill."

I worked at Tempel Steel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only good thing about this company is the opportunity to gain experience.

Cons

I enjoyed working at Tempel Steel until later 2015 it went downhill with new management,new rules that make no sense at all and preference to certain type of people. Waking up and thinking I have to see the double face employees for 8 hours daily has made me lived the worst years of my life. Tempel was safe and fun to work at now it became insecure and annoying to work in a place where Human Resources won't care less...

Advice to Management

There is no advice to management as they would ever take action of the problems that is happening overall.

Tempel Steel2018-01-16
  2. "Wake up management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tempel Steel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location near a lot of restaurants, strong benefits and benefit training, wellness and hr sponsored workshops, decent pay and good parking,

Cons

The executive team does not listen to experts, and if you provide them feedback or come to them with a concern, they aren't afraid to cut you if they disagree with you. Very self interested upper management and a very male, old-school mentality. In addition, the company has hired people with serious criminal backgrounds, but has done very little to increase security.

Advice to Management

Recognize your best employees, and if and when they make a true mistake and offer to fix it, don't hold it against them or cut them lose. Don't make changes that will be detrimental to the entire organization.

Tempel Steel2017-09-14

Discover more reviews about Tempel Steel.