Temple University Health System - I am a diverse individual and enjoyed helping patients and their family members. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Temple University Health System

"I am a diverse individual and enjoyed helping patients and their family members."

Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician Ll in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician Ll in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Temple University Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was always a pleasure for me to help patients and family members with questions regarding their appointments or direction.

Cons

To me, the downside was working with lazy people who wasted their time complaining instead of using that energy to do their job.

Advice to Management

treat your employees equally.

Other Employee Reviews for Temple University Health System

"A joke - Better off looking the other way"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Temple University Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only PRO is the health benefits and the education benefit. The education benefit is not always a benefit if your director or department does not approve of you taking a required class, that is only available during the day, and something you need to complete your education

Cons

Do not expect to move up in this place. Discrimination is an open/closed situation and is hidden very well. This place is beyond networking with who you know. There are so many cliques, no senior management support, and they do not provide any serious training or education toward your career growth. Like I said, "A JOKE"!

Advice to Management

Stop discriminating (PERIOD)!

"Management-Non-Union"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Temple University Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping a underserved community where it is difficult to find qualified dedicated healthcare personnel.

Cons

Salaried employees work long hours. Hours could be minimized if more time was spent on value added work and less time was spent on value-less meetings. They talk Lean, but always know what that means.

Advice to Management

Listen to HR and their advice on retaining good employees. Listen to HR and allow employees to have a life outside of work. These employees want to stay employed there, but because they value family they must make a hard decision and most of the time they end up leaving.