Ten Thousand Villages - Ten Thousand Villages works for a good cause. They do the best they can for a non-profit organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ten Thousand Villages

"Ten Thousand Villages works for a good cause. They do the best they can for a non-profit organization."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Ten Thousand Villages part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a good cause, good pay

Cons

A lot of responsibility for the wage. Since the company is very understaffed, close to impossible to switch hours with someone else, and often there isn't enough time to do everything necessary.

Other Employee Reviews for Ten Thousand Villages

1. "Ten Thousand Villages: The Power of Meaningful Work"

I have been working at Ten Thousand Villages full-time

Pros

The mission of Ten Thousand Villages continues to inspire and give me hope for a better world. This company not only touches the lives of people worldwide but it makes those lives better by providing the opportunity for a fair, stable income that allows for access to medical care, housing, and education. Ten Thousand Villages also offers a way for their customers to become part of the story by shopping in a way that reflects their values and allows them to give gifts with deep meaning.

I am grateful to work here and be a part of a movement and story that is so much bigger than me and makes a positive difference in the world.

Cons

The challenges of working in the unpredictable world of retail as a nonprofit are great and complicated but Ten Thousand Villages has a pioneering spirit and works hard to meet those challenges head-on. It began with the visionary aspirations of one woman and has grown into a global fair trade movement that impacts the lives of 20,000 people in 30 developing countries. I have no doubt that this company will continue to rise to the challenges it faces now and in the future.

2. "Packer/Picker"

I worked at Ten Thousand Villages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The warehouse supervisor (Anthony Boll) is the best boss that I have ever had.

Cons

Like any small retail business trying to compete and survive, every holiday shopping season is a litmus test of whether or not the coming the business will contract or expand. In years of contraction that means layoffs.