KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hostile and petty. Power driven management and HR.

Sep 12, 2019 - Healthcare Professional in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Things have changed since Tenet Healthcare took over. They are simply a cut throat company which cares nothing about their employees or patient care. Management in this hospital is a joke. They will keep telling you flattering words but in the end your head will end up on the stick. Double standard is strong and present in this hospital. Those who care have to kill themselves to get the jobs done while the rest would do the bare minimum or nothing at all. All they have to do is kissing up to their bosses. The culture in this hospital is to shut your mouth. People are rude and nosy and are a bunch of back stabbers and they will abuse you whenever they can. And if you stand up to those abusers, you will be told that you were reacting badly and HR will be reviewing you. Bottom line, you need to shut your mouth and let those abusers enjoy abusing you or they will turn around and play victims and HR will listen to them but not you. Unethical practices from employees will be swept under the rug, and this is across the whole system not just at downtown facility. Ironically, those follow the rules usually won't get the same tolerance level and instead will be pushed to work harder to cover for those don't do their parts. So being unethical actually is more rewarding. They treat their employees as if they own us outright. These HR people all act like they are royalty and noble. Not a surprised since these people are not originally from Baptist but got sent here by Tenet. Totally different mind set and attitude. Since Tenet took over, almost all our best employees had left, either for better paid jobs somewhere or simply because they hated how they were treated. We all easily got a new job somewhere else quickly, got paid better, treated better and some of us advanced up the ladder faster. And they no longer offer sick days. You will have to use your vacation time if bad luck strikes and you are too sick to work. For off shift employees, they would be the ones who got the worst. Their work load is double, triple vs day shift. They would be told to come in on their days off and would be scolded if they have a reaction. And they have to stay late in the morning to attend those stupid forum meetings where employees are asked for their donations to united way. I'm all for helping the community but just because the bosses now decide that they will no longer want to get in at 6 to conduct 1 session for off shift employees, now the whole crew will suffer. Speaking about leadership. We want to go home after giving shift reports, not listening about charity. And no, the 6pm session doesn't help either because night shifters come in at 10pm. Baptist has become a nightmare and Tenet is running it to the ground. Their mentality is they don't need to retain you at all cost because they have that school which produces a bunch of new healthcare workers each year for them. They care nothing about their employees, even cut down on lunch menus. Cost for lunch goes up, options go down. We got like 10 cents for pay raise last year. It's pathetic. To evaluate our performances, they used a list of duties which was generalized by including all the responsibilities from all units. So if you are a nurse and the non nursing departments' performance dropped, you will be punished for it as well. So you kill yourself for a whole year trying to earn a good pay raise and in the end you are punished for someone else's mistakes. And everybody knows the whole hospital is short staffed but we kept hearing about the low productivity. It's easy to sit in your office all day and speculate instead of getting out there and see for yourself. If there are 7-8 patients per nurse, then it's delusional to talk about low productivity.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for leaving an honest review about our management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Happy Employee

May 5, 2021 - Family Nurse Practitioner in Spring Branch, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, PTO, and growth opportunities

Cons

Schedule and long shift hours

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment and HR Operations

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Medical Benefits are amazing ..Fast Paced

Apr 13, 2022 - Healthcare Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits are amazing. PTO (% on hours andbyour wage) Sick Leave(% of hours and wage less than pto)

Cons

Fast Turn around of employees Seasoned,skilled excellent employees are starting to or have already left, (amazing people that have worked under plenty of administration's, but this current administration that has been around for more than they should) Losing The most complimented people that have years of service But because they get paid more..well..let's just say if they want you out...they will dig and find their way to have you resign or fire you. No incentive for the the over ratio'd nursing staff Or the rest of the core staff that work short all the time, yet they offer bonuses to get people to come in.. Hey here's an idea..why not give the people that do double the work a bit extra of a shift bonus maybe people won't call off as much..CHANGE THE CULTURE OF THE ADMIN CLIQUES..and Change the culture on how management favors others...Listen to the little people...their the ones that matter and are in the face of the patients more!!! Respect. We are the ones that are the faces of Tenet..show us you Value us. We are starting to leave for lower wages just to feel that we matter and that we are valued...Who cares about the parking spots...... Everything is because "we don't have the budget" That's right..For Profit. Also. .the ones that have been there for over 10 years are still hanging by a thread hoping some of the cliqueeeee admin will move on and resign...go else where...your driving all the good ones away....Admin doesn't even come to the units anymore to show their faces....what happen to that

4 people found this review helpful

Recruitment and HR Operations

It is important that our employees feel they are always heard. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team, but we also encourage you to discuss this with your supervisor.

Discover more reviews about Tenet Healthcare.