Tenet Healthcare - Clueless Organization | Glassdoor

"Clueless Organization"

Current Employee - R N in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - R N in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with on the floor are great.

Cons

Tenet is a clueless organization that puts profit above the welfare of their employees. Patient care is bad due to a lack of resources and facilities are old, run down, and unsafe. I would not recommend my family or friends get care at a tenet facility.

The wages are dramatically below the standard for our market. The benefits get substantially worse each year. They just eliminated the PPO plan, and no longer contribute to HSA's. It is hard to every feel secure at this company when the emphasis is never on employee satisfaction or retention.

Advice to Management

It would fall on deaf ears.

Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"Terrible Company"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers at the facility level. A-Team seems to try their best despite a clueless home office. Front line staff is awesome.

Cons

While individual facilities are run by great people, the corporate entity is as bad as they come. They are completely out of touch and create an environment of fear to gain profitability. The corporate office puts shareholders ahead of all else. Anyone, in any position, could be fired in order to hit budget. Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities. I can't even begin to comprehend the reasoning behind some of their decisions. Either they encourage turnover to keep costs down, or are truly incompetent- either of which is unacceptable.

Benefits are beyond terrible. Wages are below market standards in every department. There is no loyalty towards employees from home office.

Tenet is a place to work, while you search for something better- Nothing more.

Advice to Management

Individual management is doing a great job. Home office is hopeless. On an individual note, I do not normally advocate for unionization, but would fully encourage it at my facility. It is probably the only means for employees to give themselves a fair shake in our market.

"NEVER EVER work for this company"

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I now work for a company that appreciates their employees and treats them like professionals.

Cons

Was WRONGFULLY TERMINATED from a job I had with this company for 17 years. No warning, no HR intervention..nothing. I had no whatsoever "write up's" on my record. I was terminated by an agency "hit" CNO who had been there less than a month. Amazingly enough after all was said and done, after I had lost my job, the other people involved were either let go or given the option to "retire" or be terminated. Fascinating and completely unprofessional. And after almost 3 years I am still amazed. The person brought in to do this was THE MOST bitter and hateful person I had ever seen! Unbelievable but true.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.