Tenet Healthcare - Bad company | Glassdoor

"Bad company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High turnover means you can climb faster, but few last long.

Cons

Home office seems to think employees are expendable. This is a perfect a ample of how a nation wide system does understand regional dynamics.

Terrible benefits and pay comparative to competitors. The health reimbursement plan is expensive. There is a discount if you use a tenet employed physician, but there aren't any in our region. Genius! So we are paying more for less benefit. Another home office oversight.

No pension and a 1 percent 401k match. Thanks for the help. The two thee systems in our area offer higher pay, pensions and 5 percent 401k matches. Everyone at my facility is waiting to leave for another system.

Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"You've got to be tuff to work for Tenet"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is very good and the free .edu's for continuing education, the benefits package also. Standard 401K,( could be better) Wellness program and other discounts that come along with the company are good.

Cons

The majority of the nurses I work with wish they could work someplace else. Now what does
    that tell you ? I wish I could say it was better, I truely do, but working conditions seem to be going from bad to worse. It's skeleton staffing all the way, working 12 hour shifts with no lunch and staying over to chart . From the begining of their acquisition of the hospital the management has instituted and adversarial , domineering mode of operation. Stringent in requirements and control and unforgivingly severe in discipline

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees like human beings. Be fair and honest. Make them feel valued and not like you are trying to find ways to fire them. Increase you nurse to patient ratios to meet other hospitals in the area. Remember that kindness trickles down

2. "Dedicated to Good Health Care Delivery"

Former Contractor - Director Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Director Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Management cares about their employees

Cons

It was a very large company.

Advice to Management

Conduct an annual employee satisfaction survey using an outside - independent organization.