Tenet Healthcare - Merger and Acquisition | Glassdoor

"Merger and Acquisition"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We were recently acquired and we are still trying to figure out what our place in the company will be. There have not been any major changes to date so I hope they are taking their time to analyze how the new facilities will be of value.

Cons

Feeling like we are not fully integrated into the company has been somewhat challenging. I look forward to being fully integrated with the legacy Tenet facilities.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep open lines of communications. Benefits of healthcare companies should continuously improve. Leveraging the company's size to get the best value is very important.

Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"OK experience"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is not too bad

Cons

Work is repetitive and sometimes meaningless and impact-less, just to follow your boss's order. Systems need some upgrade. Office politics. Lack of training, some management views training as waste of productive hours.

2. "Opportunity to grow if willing to obtain more education and show incentive to learn."

Current Employee - Supervisor in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Administration listens to employees working in the trenches. Plenty of room to grow professionally if one makes the effort. Immediate management has good relationship with all supervisors and listens when one has concerns then takes action.

Cons

Corporate does not seem to provide helpful advice to make our hospital more efficient. Communication amongst all departments is lacking. The computer systems is NOT user or patient friendly. It is hard to do one's job with such a terrible system.

Advice to Management

Something has to be done about the computer system. It is not efficient for documenting patient information. The company should have researched the company more thoroughly. Unless the computer system improves or is changed, I do not see communication or efficiency getting better.