Tenet Healthcare - Strong but static | Glassdoor

"Strong but static"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

Cons

Suffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Advice to Management

Reorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.

Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"battlefield!"

Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO
    Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a check and maybe a raise if they do not cheat you out of the annual raise, which they did twice to us.

Cons

Like working with terminal cancer!

Advice to Management

Admin should Start addressing the working staff and not the management, to much fear in the corporate ladder they will tell you what you want to hear, all the while the working staff suffers. The worst place I have worked in 25 years and I was in the 90-91 desert storm war. “Quote” be lucky you have a job, beware of any company that has the balls to say this to a working employee.

"Good Company"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Forward thinking, recognizes needed changes. Company that will likely be ahead of the curve in the new healthcare environment. Having worked at several other hospitals I will say that they generally have their approach dialed in compared to others.

Cons

I can't really think if too many. All hospitals struggle with typical slow moving bureaucracy and creating strong cultures, so I would say that is systemic in the industry.