Tenet Healthcare - Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

Cons

I still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Advice to Management

Make sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Tenet Healthcare

"Strong but static"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

Cons

Suffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Advice to Management

Reorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.

"Good Company"

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Forward thinking, recognizes needed changes. Company that will likely be ahead of the curve in the new healthcare environment. Having worked at several other hospitals I will say that they generally have their approach dialed in compared to others.

Cons

I can't really think if too many. All hospitals struggle with typical slow moving bureaucracy and creating strong cultures, so I would say that is systemic in the industry.