Tennessee Commercial Warehouse - No More The Great Company It Once Was | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

"No More The Great Company It Once Was"

Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

Pay is good. Very flexible hours, you can work day shift or night, pretty much as many hours as you want without being illegal. Some terminals are better than others.

Cons

The attitude of the company towards the drivers has changed since July 2009. TCW has instituted several repressive policies in the name of "safety" which are destroying driver morale and actually having a negative impact on safety. Many current drivers are looking for other jobs now as a result of these changes, and the condescending, abusive way they are presented to us.
One major change is that we are no longer trusted, valued employees. We must be watched at all times via GPS to insure that we are never speeding, and there is talk that all cellular communications, even with hands-free devices, will be banned and that we will be monitored with the existing in-cab microphones to insure that we are not talking while driving.
As a result of this policy, and the overall negative change in the attitude of TCW towards the drivers, morale is suffering, as is equipment maintenance, job performance, dedication, and safety.
This is the result of one administrative new hire who has made it clear, with abusive and insulting language, that we drivers are incapable of doing our jobs properly if he is not watching us closely.
We are no longer treated with courtesy and respect, and I can no longer recommend TCW as an employer.
Any driver who can meet TCW's very high hiring standards deserves more respect than he will get from the new TCW.

Advice to Management

Feedback and suggestions are no longer solicited from drivers, and will be explained away and ignored by management. This once-great company is being ruined from the ground up.

Other Employee Reviews for Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

"An Excellent Company- If You're Good Enough To Be Hired!"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Savannah, GA

Pros

Choose your own hours, very flexible on schedule and tome off. Upper management really does care abou their lower level employees and will actively seek out and implement suggestions from them. Hiring standards are high, they only hire the best. After they hire you, they don't forget that you ARE the best. When things are slow, they will bid on no-profit contracts to keep their employees working.

Cons

Little communication from any management about things affecting the company, and ultimately, us.

Advice to Management

TALK to us! Keep us informed about where the company is going.

"Probably the best of it's type."

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Savannah, GA

Pros

They think in the long term, and thus hire only the most highly-qualified people. Once you are in, they don't forget why they hired you, and treat you as the best. The owner actually wants suggestions from the lowest-level employees as to improving the company, and has put many of those suggestions into effect. They will take zero-net-profit contracts as a way to keep all employees working during slow periods.

Cons

Long, variable, and screwy hours. Poor real-time top-down communication. Concerns will always be addressed, but by the time lower-level employees realize there is a problem, it has grown...

Advice to Management

Keep us informed as to what's happening now, what's planned for the future, and why.