Terex - Money over people company | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Compared to most accounting jobs the work/life balance is excellent, and there is no "busy season"" (in 29 reviews)

• "Great people -- no "prima donnas"" (in 23 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Money over people company"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA
Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Moses Lake, WA

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Friendly co workers.

Cons

Over worked. Upper management says "safety first" but they dont actually care about our safety. They only care about how many units we build them.

Advice to Management

If safety is first dont just say it show it. Show it by example. Be willing to drop units every week so that team leads and supervisors wouldnt even think twice about sacrificing our safety over units.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Terex AWP (Genie Ind) NPD Engineering"

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

OK work-life balance.

You get to work on wide range of engineering aspects of a design if you are in new product development, and are interested and push to do so. As you climb, you can manage your boss enough to focus on your main areas of interest (but you need to be stubborn about it). The engineers that follow their interest here always find a way to off-load what they don't want to do on someone 'below' them... I'm sure that's not unique to Terex.

CEO Garrison seems to be making positive changes, taking realistic long view.

Working here you avoid the pitfalls of market-rate pay and high bonuses offered for similar positions at nearby companies… where would you spend the money anyway?

Career opportunities... if you go management route. Not so much for staying technical.

Cons

Antiquated engineering change management systems. Poor engineering policies, procedures, and controls. Little or no /real/ training - sink or swim on-boarding... which leads to "cowboys". Many pockets of Engineering Dept are populated by “cowboys” or engineers who are just ticking boxes; quantity over quality (maybe this is a 'pro' for you?). Operations/manufacturing is often resistant to change, think they are the real 'customers', over the companies /actual/ customers. 'Servant Leadership' (company tenant) is complete and utter BS -- you get ahead here by ticking boxes for your manager, not by helping those below you or those affected by your work. People often don't worry too much about people down-stream of their decisions, just as long as they are pleasant and smile they can do pretty much what they want. Just ship it!

Ramping up engineering employment now, which absolutely means we are about to begin 'right-sizing' people within 6 months.

Advice to Management

Live up to “Servant Leadership” tenant… I don’t believe you will though. Also, I hope behind closed doors you are getting 'more real' about global trade-war issues about to hit us hard than you have been publicly!

Terex Response

Sep 18, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. First, we are glad to hear that you have noticed positive changes occurring as a result of our strategy introduced by CEO John Garrison.

As... More

2. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Watertown, SD

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, excellent benefits, Easy to get paid time off, lots of opportunities for growth, community and employee involvement.

Cons

There’s a lot of hours to work, mandatory overtime Fridays and be long and drag on.

Advice to Management

Make Fridays voluntary instead of mandatory.

Discover more reviews about Terex.