Terminix - Tough to make a living | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Terminix

"Tough to make a living"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

Pros

Flexible work environment. good products and service to sell. They would give you very good product back up to use as leverage against competition.

Cons

The pay on commission was horrible. It was not easy to make money and you really have no idea how much you are making.

Advice to Management

Change the compensation to reword your employees for what they are doing for your business.

Other Employee Reviews for Terminix

"Bottom Line, money on their pockets"

Current Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Only two good reasons do exist. The first, I am employed, the second, they offer a decent benefits package. That's it.

Cons

We work 13 hour days in 100 degrees, with no breaks and no guarantee of pay. Our entire route's commission is affected by corporate buying out other companies who's customers cancel. When we express concern or complain about the scheduling system which often squeeze 6 stops into a 2 hour period in three different zip codes with no allowance for drive time, we are told to just make it work. We're also reminded of the current economy and how many people are in line for our jobs. There is absolutely no management support, they just say it's out of their hands. We are treated poorly by the CSRs and have no recourse, there are no consequences for techs who cut corners and no reward for those with ethics who do a good job. I expect a mass exodus come Fall.

Advice to Management

Treat us like the employees who work very hard to provide customers with the service they pay for instead of work horses, without us you wouldn't exist.

2. "Knowledgeable techs, branch mgrs honest and forthright, coworkers in sales are fair and cooperative. Branch works well t"

Current Employee - Residential Sales in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Residential Sales in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Branches team cohesion and mgmt fairness.

Cons

Don't expect much one compensation. Comparative ly speaking they don't pay as well as most pco's. The compensation for gas ise not as well provided as most outside residential sales.

Advice to Management

Provide gas cards to osp and a standard base as off seasons can't be dry.