Terminix - Bad place to work | Glassdoor

"Bad place to work"

Former Employee - Branch Manager
Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay if you can perform, there is a good potential for bonus. You get a company truck to use and drive home as well. Uniforms are provided as well.

Cons

Horrible work environment with unrealistic expectations from management. They fire people without hesitation and often without good reason. Your every move is tracked, including what time you leave home. The office is monitored, so you have to watch what you say there as well. It was not the culture I felt comfortable in.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees as people, not numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Terminix

"Guaranteed hours and work... but pay is mediocre and the structure of the company is poor at best."

Current Employee - Termite Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Termite Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have always had a full work week. There are a few times where I had limited work but that doesn't happen very often.
    Training is good. Also, while employed there are a lot of people you can ask for help because there are a lot of individuals who have been working there for a while who know tricks of the trade.

Cons

Poor management. They are only focused on a few key indicators and if you don't do well on those you'll have to work extra hours to ensure you meet the minimum requirements. If you still don't meet those minimums they will let you go. Regional and branch managers make a lot of strategic decisions that help themselves but hurt the customers because they are focused on numbers such as how much they spend every month on chemical. Then the tech is hurt because they are limiting how much chemical we can use. Yeah, that's pretty messed up.
    Poor customer service. Customers get a different person every time they call in. Customers don't know we are coming out to there home because the company didn't contact the customer.
    Everything is the technician's fault. No matter what, it is never the managers fault or the customers fault. If a customer cancels (even if they move out of the country or pass away!) we are blamed for the cancel.
    No opportunity for advancement. They don't always hire within. You need a degree to move up to a branch manager and beyond but they pay isn't very good for those positions and the hours suck.

Advice to Management

Don't rotate branch managers and service managers so often. Continuity is an important component of success.

"A miserable experience."

Current Employee - Sales Inspector in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Inspector in Largo, FL

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Theres not much good about this company, the co workers were very nice. Hours were not bad, and the was no boss looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Poor communication, clueless management, training is simply horrible. Management feels it appropriate to hire a hand full of sales people, do no training with them, and see who sticks around.

Advice to Management

Find management that care about the employees, provide the proper training to help your employees succeed.