Terminix - Ok place to work if u like getting yelled at customers because nothing gets done to help them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Terminix

"Ok place to work if u like getting yelled at customers because nothing gets done to help them."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, good supervisors. Pay is reasonable for the work we do and the BS we encounter from customers.

Cons

A terrible computer system. Terminix uses DOS which is horrible with the things we have to do. We are limited on what we can do and are not always able to help the customer. Daily we get yelled at from our customers because the techs always seem not to show up for their scheduled appointments and never call the customers informing them they are not coming out. Than we call the techs and managers with out any success than email our supervisor or the customers branch manager in the area they reside. And still nothing is done. In these cases the customer is never satisfied! Also we employees are lying to the customers daily because we know the branch managers will not follow up w customers requests and than were back to square one.

Advice to Management

This is for higher management- get rid of DOS and have a new point and click system. Its not hard to create. Techs need to be fired and so do managers for almost never following up with customers request.

Other Employee Reviews for Terminix

"It's a job!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Terminix offers a competitive benefit package including Health, Dental, 401k, among many others. The job itself is the easiest Customer Service I've ever encountered.

Cons

Where do I start? Management. They are the primary reason why the call center is now a revolving door. I've never worked for a company where the Managers talk down on their supervisors in front of other employees. From the first day, our training class was dropping like flies.

Advice to Management

Communication Skills is vital in every company for growth and success. When I say communication skills, I mean watch how you talk to people. Some of you seem to think you're God. It's only a position. You put on clothes no differently than any other Homo Sapien.

2. "Overall good"

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Largest most recognizable pest control company in the US. Name recognition provides opportunity for sales. Opportunity for long term employment.

Cons

Job requires long hours, twelve hour days are normal and Saturdays are normal work days. Customers access to local branches needs improved.

Advice to Management

Need to change the the scheduling system for customers. Employees need opportunity for time off. Hand held devices for service and sales are very unreliable.