Terminix - Unlimited growth potential | Glassdoor
  1. "Unlimited growth potential"

Regional Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

Great leaders that coach and develop our teams to deliver world class service to our customers. I have had multiple leaders mentor me to help me grow in my career.

Cons

You will need to have strong time management

Terminix2020-02-15
  1. "Tough but fun"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Terminix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, team, pay, customers and fun.

Cons

Long hours, metric driven and sometimes unfair expectations.

Continue reading
    Terminix2020-04-01
  2. "Money is there if you are willing to work."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Professional III in Charleston, WV

I worked at Terminix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On a corporate level, the company has created more and more incentives to keep its people and changed its culture to encourage employees to be successful and grow. Again, on the corporate level, there is a willingness to listen to new ideas. When I started, I was on like $10 an hour and I had left a $60k a year sales job to go there. When I was at my second round of sales school at the corporate HQ in Memphis, after everybody had left the classroom the Vice President at the time and another big wig stayed and talked to us - one of them said that we were the two most successful salesmen out of that large group and we had the most self-creative sales. They asked us a lot of questions. One was "What do you wish somebody had told you before you started working this job?" I said "I wish somebody had told me I'd be starving to death on $10 an hour and once I was finally thrown to the wolves, it would take me a month or so to build sales to start earning some commission. " Would you believe they changed their pay policy for new sales hires immediately? Would you believe when we hired the next sales person two weeks later, that pay was increased to $14 an hour AND she was paid hourly her first month out so she could build commissionable sales and not have a starvation period like I did. They've since changed the pay plan so you start with salary and they wean you into commission. If you work, money is there. Good money.

Cons

Six day work week. The call center is terrible and causes a lot of problems. There are problems with any job, but the six-day work week can get old. At our branch we typically had one Saturday a month off. There is a lot to keep up with. It demands constant attention to detail and good organization. You will not find a job that pays this well that doesn't. I've had sales jobs that paid this well, just not with a six-day work week.

Terminix2020-04-02

Discover more reviews about Terminix.