Terminix - Pest control tech | Glassdoor

"Pest control tech"

Pros

Company truck and fuel card. Fun trade to work in just not this company

Cons

Service manager doesn't contribute his expertise when asked for help. Was told when hired 40 hours is normal schedule. New manager comes in and I'm told no overtime allowed. This company only looks out for themselves not for employees. Insurance is super expensive. They change insurance coverage without employee knowledge. There is a reason why there are only a few people with over 10 years working with the company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees well and they will treat the company well.

Other Employee Reviews for Terminix

"It's better than having no income"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros are I enjoy the people I work with.

Cons

For starters, the pay is dismal. Management is only concerned about numbers and the pay increase you may or may not get equates to about 30 cents more per hour...what a joke! There is little to no opportunity for advancement, upper management is a joke, and leadership spends it's time throwing around ultimatums and laying out ridiculous expectations. This company used to be all about the customer...now it's all about meeting numbers and if those numbers come at the expense of the customers satisfaction, then so be it. They're also not family-friendly. You will get flack from management if you try to work normal hours in order to see your family and kids. It's depressing and toxic here and my many of us are desperately trying to get out.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth and show some appreciation to the people who make your business run. Allow more opportunites for advancement and put the customer first again.

2. "Over all it has been a wonderful experience"

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you have the desire you can make some great money. Very good benefit package. If you really like working with people this can be a great place.

Cons

The only real complaint is how our base pay is established as it really can effect any pay you may have for vacation,sick or disability income.

Advice to Management

Truly look at how the Commercial Professionals base pay is established.