Terminix - Good pay/horrible organization | Glassdoor

"Good pay/horrible organization"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commision as long as your on inside sales team
Alternate work hours
Professional environment

Cons

Horrible communications between the call center and techs in the field. Resulting in lost commission.

Other Employee Reviews for Terminix

"Don't work here."

Former Employee - Administrative Associate/Data Entry in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative Associate/Data Entry in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. This was the one and only Pro to this job. Money may be the MAIN reason most of us even have jobs and it couldn't even keep me there.

Cons

Where do I start? I worked at the new call center in AZ. This job was so bad it made me reevaluate my life. From what I gathered from customers and long time employees (5+years) this company used to be awesome. Unfortunately, all it seems that they care about now is money. Plastered through every hallway was "$2B by 2020" and that motto showed with the way they did business.

There were only 2 supervisors to the 60+ people in the "administrative associate" area. Keeping in mind that this position in call centers is also very new...there was a complete lack of organization. We were told to do things a different way every day and when a customer had a problem with a branch we were not allowed to contact them, yet we had to figure out the problem and figure it out on our own because hey, "that's your job"... It was extremely hard to treat every customer fairly and it was even harder to get the customer a decent resolution, which was our sole purpose for being there.

The pay was good and there are plenty of people who can deal with the type of incompetence that comes with a huge billion dollar corporation that doesn't give a crap about you. But I left it for a job making almost $4 less an hour than what I was making there.

Advice to Management

From what I hear, the management that basically made this place awful has been fired (which would have been my advice, go figure). Other than that I'd say the company as a whole, corporate, needs to set better company-wide standards for call centers and train their employees properly before throwing them out to the wolves.

2. "Bad"

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Terminix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training process. Employee inter-action.

Cons

Slow with raise after training. Focus on pushing sales with no regard to customers or employees. Regional manager was a used car sales man who only cared about making his own bonuses.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get back to what made Terminix the number one company in the world!