TerpSys - Work and they will treat you very well | Glassdoor
  1. "Work and they will treat you very well"

I have been working at TerpSys full-time

Pros

Great culture and benefits, remote work available

Cons

Small firm with a limite number of projects

TerpSys2017-11-29

Other Employee Reviews

"Delight, Challenge, and Serve"

Former Employee - Service Desk Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at TerpSys full-time

Pros

The TerpSys mission is to Delight Our Customers, Challenge Ourselves, and Serve Our Community. While I was there, I had the opportunity to participate in several Outward Bound Professional Leadership programs, take technical and leadership trainings, participate in many community service events, and support the important mission of many of our customers. Many staff members were very committed to the mission of the company. It was not a place for everyone as there was an expectation to constantly improve yourself through trainings and certifications. At the height of the company's size, there were staff members who were fresh out of college and staff members who had been in their careers for 30+ years. I read about one former employee's claiming to be fired for being gay. As a former employee of TerpSys, who was opening gay, I found this accusation to be absurd. To give my background, I worked under the leadership of the CEO from July 1998 when we were a division of another company until January 2015 when I left due to contract changes. There was never an issue with my being gay for the entirety of my career with TerpSys. In 2002, my then boyfriend (now husband) joined the company. In 2011, the CEO celebrated our wedding (as he did with all weddings and other significant life events) at the monthly staff meeting following our wedding. My husband is still currently employed with TerpSys. I served on the management team for a couple of stints and throughout the years there were gay and lesbian managers on the management team. Our teammates and managers were always very open and accepting. I NEVER felt any kind of discrimination from any of our coworkers or managers throughout our employment (nor did my husband).

Cons

Due to the current size, there are limited growth opportunities and benefits available compared to years past. When I was there, it was not uncommon for gossip to run rampant on the major contracts.

Advice to Management

Keep delighting, challenging, and serving. Corporate culture is in an important part of the company, so keep it as an integral part of who TerpSys is.

TerpSys2016-08-08

"Mixed Revew"

Former Employee - Network Administrator

I worked at TerpSys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth and diverse companies.

Cons

Bizarre requirement to have employees participate in team-building activities on their own time. CEO was not as loyal to employees as he could have been.

TerpSys2018-02-16

Discover more reviews about TerpSys.