Terracon - It's corporate so watch your back. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Terracon

"It's corporate so watch your back."

Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

Is a good place to work overall.

Cons

Company politics so keep on your toes.

Other Employee Reviews for Terracon

"Limited opportunities and accolades unless you are a part of the "chosen" group, Principals, etc."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Pros

Relative stability in the industry

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement and acknowledgement for hard work and best efforts, unless you are an engineer or principal.

Advice to Management

Try giving the non-principals as much opportunities and accolades as the "chosen" ones, i.e. principals/engineers.

"Perfect Balance of small and large sized projects."

Current Employee - Project Geotechnical Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Geotechnical Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I get the exposure to the nature of projects I want to work on. I have worked on large roadway projects that are technically challenging and smaller projects to fill out the low times. I have a boss that respects my opinion and has the patience to listen to what I have to say, even though I may get shot down completely sometimes. The people I have interacted are similar in nature and makes you love your work. It's not one of those where you have to wake up on a Monday morning and call in sick because you don't feel like dealing with your boss and the workplace in general.

Cons

Sharing resources isn't something that is a strong point about the company. I think they are evolving to times where they realize that the world is becoming flat and the person doing the work doesn't necessarily have to located at the location of the work. Also, all offices aren't standardized and it's don't have consistently similar work environments. Standardization is something that is very difficult when you have offices across the nation, and it's a tough path that Terracon's beginning to work on. However, they are far from accomplishing their goals.

Advice to Management

Recognize younger talent. They are your tomorrow. Hiring a kid out of college and then letting him go will really demoralize him about the company and the profession in general. I really think hiring practices need to be closely monitored and younger professionals should be allowed to grow and expand in areas they want to go in.