Terrapinn - Pretty good overall. | Glassdoor

"Pretty good overall."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in North Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Sales Manager in North Sydney (Australia)

Pros

Good office culture, good networking opportunities through forming relationships with tier 1 executives whilst organising events, and reasonable pay.

Cons

On the phone all day trying to meet KPIs, make sales and keep activity up.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Terrapinn

1. "Nichts für Feiglinge" "Not at all for the faint hearted"

I worked at Terrapinn full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Freundliche Leute auf allen Ebenen

nice people at all levels

Cons

Teils widerliche Vorgesetzte, zu viel unnötiger Druck

partially horrid management, too much unfair pressure

2. "Great events company that works hard to be the best"

Current Employee - Conference Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Conference Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Terrapinn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Terrapinn for two years and this is a place that has rewarded my hard work and helped me grow professionally. Of course you have to work hard and have work ethic in order to be trusted with good projects. In these two years I haven't felt disrespected or harassed and I haven't seen anyone get harassed. I've been able to travel nationally and internationally, and I've seen new hires sent on international trips after being with the company for a few weeks. We are constantly encouraged to go to events and meet people that can help us do our job better.
    I don't think that people are micromanaged, and contrary to the last review, there ARE project directors/managers that choose how to manage their teams and are fully supported by upper management.

It's funny how people complain about making phone calls, that's what the job entails, you call people and you make a sale or get a speaker. That's the events business and that is a what any events company will ask of you. I do think that Martin has put a lot of effort into making the company successful and grow events (or be the best ones in a specific area) or at least make our processes better and make us think outside the box.

I've met fun and good people that I consider friends. There are weekly trainings for each of the departments as well as trainings with staff from Terrapinn global. And yeah, the company gives you 20 vacation days a year ( and 1 extra day after each year you spend with them) plus the Christmas week off and pretty much every holiday there is. Hours are 9-5 with 1 hour for lunch. The work-life balance is great and the new office is cool with amazing views of the Brooklyn bridge.

There is a summer trip for all of the employees and they do a great Christmas party and a lot of happy hours. Sure there are ups and downs and projects that perform better than others, but I do feel everyone is given a chance.

Cons

-Some people have gotten many chances when they didn't deserve them and others haven't when they did deserve them.
    -Can get stressful around events season