Terumo BCT - Very focused on the patient | Glassdoor

"Very focused on the patient"

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

The company keeps a keen focus on the patient that is at the end of all the company does. Keep that up. Long employee tenure is typical.

Cons

Collaboration and transparency across and within departments can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Being laid off without cause resulted in being completely cut off from former co-workers/managers which is particularly problematic for employees that have worked there for a long time (which is typical) that need references in the pursuit of the next position.

Terumo BCT2018-04-30

Terumo BCT Response

May 7, 2018Associate and Community Communications

The patients we touch through our devices are at the heart of everything we do as a company. We appreciate hearing this resonates and that our altruistic purpose impacts the long tenure of our associates. As we continue to grow and diversify we are navigating some natural growing pains, including those related to collaborating across an increasingly matrixed global organization. We are implementing new initiatives in FY 2018 to help address these challenges and to equip our teams to work more effectively together. Decisions to eliminate roles are never easy but sometimes must be made to support the long-term needs of the company. We appreciate your dedication and wish you the best of luck in your future job search.

1. "Intern Purgatory"

Current Intern - Engineer Intern

I have been working at Terumo BCT for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity as an undergraduate or fresh graduate to intern. Awesome work experience. More opportunity to contribute to projects than expected as an intern. Great benefits for everyone, even interns. Great location.

Cons

PC, be careful what you say or imply, some people seek out things to be offended by. If you intern, be prepared to be stuck as an intern for a LONG time. In addition, be prepared for your long internship experience to not be counted as experience upon landing a full time position. Be prepared to be let down by internal job postings, most internal postings are only up for 1 day and are likely promised to someone else.

Advice to Management

Change the name from graduate intern to contract engineer or something, every interview I've had thinks something is wrong with me for not having landed a job after interning for this long.

Terumo BCT2019-10-09
  2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Good work life balance

Cons

Very strict with break times

Terumo BCT2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about Terumo BCT.