Terumo BCT - No Room For Improvement | Glassdoor

"No Room For Improvement"

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time

Pros

Multinational environment (EMEA Zaventem) , Semi good compensation.

Cons

Only connection talks (in sale department distribution EMEA), No room to grow, Promotions based on internal connections.

Advice to Management

No Room to improve / prove your Competences. Strong Mafia in the sales department (Distribution EMEA) ; Top management positions are acquired based on internal connections and not competences; Strong control of headquarter (US) on subsidiaries (Ie, No creativity, No freedom) US headquarter should give more freedom to its subsidiaries . They should control the staff promotions, give more freedom to employees.

Terumo BCT2018-05-03

Terumo BCT Response

June 15, 2018Associate and Community Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to strike the right balance and approach decision-making with consideration for both global and local needs and perspectives. We also place great value on associate development. We appreciate the input you provided and will continue to look for ways to offer growth opportunities to our associates around the globe.

1. "Intern Purgatory"

Current Intern - Engineer Intern

I have been working at Terumo BCT for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity as an undergraduate or fresh graduate to intern. Awesome work experience. More opportunity to contribute to projects than expected as an intern. Great benefits for everyone, even interns. Great location.

Cons

PC, be careful what you say or imply, some people seek out things to be offended by. If you intern, be prepared to be stuck as an intern for a LONG time. In addition, be prepared for your long internship experience to not be counted as experience upon landing a full time position. Be prepared to be let down by internal job postings, most internal postings are only up for 1 day and are likely promised to someone else.

Advice to Management

Change the name from graduate intern to contract engineer or something, every interview I've had thinks something is wrong with me for not having landed a job after interning for this long.

Terumo BCT2019-10-09
  2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Good work life balance

Cons

Very strict with break times

Terumo BCT2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about Terumo BCT.