Terumo BCT - Amazing Company | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge company with lots of opportunities for advancement and lateral movement to other fields. Great pay. Great benefits. Great work environment.

Cons

Since it is such a large company, there is a lot of bureaucratic layers to get anything done. Slow moving machine and the systems in-place are very particular.

Terumo BCT2018-06-22

Terumo BCT Response

July 10, 2018Associate and Community Communications

Thank you for sharing a review, it is always great to hear from our current associates. We agree that Terumo BCT is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement to grow your career. We hear you and understand your comment about bureaucratic layers. We most certainly are very particular about certain processes; however, we know that bureaucracy has crept into some areas over time. In FY 2018, we have committed to looking for ways to enhance and simplify processes to improve the overall experience you have working at Terumo BCT and the experience our customers have when interacting with us.

"Great Company with a Great Mission!"

Current Employee - Desktop Technician in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

I LOVE working here! I knew I wanted to work here the first time I was hired as a contractor for an IT Project back in 2018. Since I've been back and hired on full time, I still love it just as much! Although there is room for improvement, I just see that as opportunity to be the key component to getting that improvement created and implemented so that Terumo BCT can be that much more of a stronger more smoothly... operating company.

Cons

I can only complain about Parking. Building 810 has the least amount of parking available and I feel it's unacceptable to tell them to park over in one of the other parking lots considering how far away they are from Building 810.

Advice to Management

Need better communications between company departments concerning upcoming projects, etc that impact the IT Department

Terumo BCT2019-05-01

Terumo BCT Response

May 31, 2019Associate and Community Communications

We are glad to hear you wanted to pursue a full-time opportunity with Terumo BCT and that you are just as excited being a full-time associate! Cross-functional communication is always an opportunity for improvement and individuals like you can model collaborative behavior or provide positive reinforcement by sharing success stories in forums such as Yammer. While we would like to say our parking situation is part of our fitness commitment to encourage walking—we realize that as we grow, available parking will not always be in the most convenient location for each associate. We also offer a free ECO Pass to all our associates to encourage the use of sustainable, public transportation to campus.

2. "Intern Purgatory"

Current Intern - Engineer Intern

I have been working at Terumo BCT for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity as an undergraduate or fresh graduate to intern. Awesome work experience. More opportunity to contribute to projects than expected as an intern. Great benefits for everyone, even interns. Great location.

Cons

PC, be careful what you say or imply, some people seek out things to be offended by. If you intern, be prepared to be stuck as an intern for a LONG time. In addition, be prepared for your long internship experience to not be counted as experience upon landing a full time position. Be prepared to be let down by internal job postings, most internal postings are only up for 1 day and are likely promised to someone else.

Advice to Management

Change the name from graduate intern to contract engineer or something, every interview I've had thinks something is wrong with me for not having landed a job after interning for this long.

Terumo BCT2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Terumo BCT.