Terumo BCT - Once nimble now slow | Glassdoor

"Once nimble now slow"

Former Employee - Marketing in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great customers, and they still love BCT. Lots to build on.

Cons

Inability to adapt to changing markets. Atmosphere of fear and adrenaline. Innovation discouraged by example. You can move sideways any time and anywhere. They are loathe to promote from within.

Advice to Management

Hire strategic thinkers and actually listen to them. Reward and promote those who perform.

Terumo BCT2018-07-02
  1. "Intern Purgatory"

Current Intern - Engineer Intern

I have been working at Terumo BCT for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity as an undergraduate or fresh graduate to intern. Awesome work experience. More opportunity to contribute to projects than expected as an intern. Great benefits for everyone, even interns. Great location.

Cons

PC, be careful what you say or imply, some people seek out things to be offended by. If you intern, be prepared to be stuck as an intern for a LONG time. In addition, be prepared for your long internship experience to not be counted as experience upon landing a full time position. Be prepared to be let down by internal job postings, most internal postings are only up for 1 day and are likely promised to someone else.

Advice to Management

Change the name from graduate intern to contract engineer or something, every interview I've had thinks something is wrong with me for not having landed a job after interning for this long.

Terumo BCT2019-10-09
  2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Good work life balance

Cons

Very strict with break times

Terumo BCT2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about Terumo BCT.