Terumo BCT - Good place to work if you like developing or producing products to help people and don't mind turnover. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Terumo BCT

"Good place to work if you like developing or producing products to help people and don't mind turnover."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Pros

The products developed and produced are great . These products really do help people to live better lives and most quarterly reviews feature stories of someone that has been helped by the blood products collected on one of our aphaeresis or whole blood devices or by replacing blood components with one of our therapeutic devices.

Cons

Managers, in R&D at least, do not take the time to get to know their people and who is doing the work so they do not recognize individual contributions. Celebration of team achievements while good is often late. Some groups such as QA/test, experience constant turnover of personnel.

Advice to Management

R&D managers should get over their introverted style and meet more of the people doing the work for them. Many new hires don't even meet the project manager of the project they are working on for many months.

Other Employee Reviews for Terumo BCT

"Too many good people left the company in the last year and nothing changes !"

Current Employee - Commercial in Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Commercial in Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good products that do what they promise : Unlocking the potential of blood and Saving patients lives
    - Sales knows their products
    - Passionate people
    - Intention is good
    - Culture and values are good
    - You have good people, but they don't stay long
    - Ambiance between colleagues
    - Fair benefits

Cons

- No LT strategy and vision,
    - Good people leaving, mediocre people stay too long --> no fresh blood for innovative ideas,
    - Slow or no decision taking
    - Very slow and prudent product development
    - No LT product strategy, only short term sales objectives.
    - Very US centric
    - Led by Operations & Quality, not by Sales & Marketing
    - You have leaders that used to be good in the smaller BCT but are now overclassed, too operational and no strategic views, and sadly, they stay trying to lead the people and Cy, but they miss essentials skills and vision
    - Not enough new external people are being brought in, on all levels, what makes that we fail to learn from other companies and don't use that chance to improve or at least, question ourselves.

Advice to Management

Develop potentials and be open for trial

When you introduce good tools, also think of keeping them developing.
    Example SAP, SalesForceDotCom,.... after introduction, there is no budget foreseen to develop those tools to become really helpfull and embraced by the users.

Terumo BCT Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Our commitment to patients is at forefront of everything we do at Terumo BCT, so thank you for acknowledging that. We appreciate the positive and insightful comments regarding our associates and... More

2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bosses and supportive colleagues

Cons

poor structure on people related matters