Tesla - Great Company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Tesla full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are always interesting projects to work on;
You work with very talented people;
You work in a company that genuinely tries to make the world a better place;
There is plenty of room for self-development and self-improvement;
Definitely one of the companies of the moment - people try to headhunt you all the time once you have landed a job at Tesla! The company has a great reputation in the marketplace.

Cons

Sometimes decisions from American management can be imposed on European departments without consulting with local specialist;
pay is not the best around but will hopefully change once Tesla becomes profitable;
low benefits, but again that will hopefully change once Tesla becomes profitable;

Advice to Management

Consult more with local specialists,
Up the salaries if you want people to consider Tesla to stay on longer.

Other Employee Reviews for Tesla

"Not for everyone..."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Tesla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Are you a problem solver? Are you wanting to expand your brain? Then let's try and summarize this.... Tesla is pioneering a new technology, one that is in my opinion, the first step in creating a product that will revolutionize the auto making industry and help alleviate ourselves from being so dependent on fossil fuels. Growing a company from the ground up and expanding as quickly as we have isn't an easy endeavor, but we have turned the heads of the entire world, who said we couldn't do what we did, but we relied on ourselves... collaborating with each other to solve problems as they come and I have forged some of the deepest friendships and respect for my colleagues. We are being led by some of the smartest executives in the valley, executives that are putting their heart, hunger and passion in making this work. I've been here for 3.6 years and I have NEVER learned so much working for an organization. You can't pay for this kind of on the job training... because realize... when you pioneer something new and innovative, you don't have the mistakes of others to follow, you have to learn from your own... You are given every opportunity to make your mark at Tesla, which can be scary for some, opportunity to others... I'll leave Tesla not only a smarter and more solid professional, but someone who was able to keep pace with some of the more innovative and smart minds in the world.

Cons

Tesla isn't for everyone. It's a learning environment that is for problem solving individuals. It's not for the person who wants to sit back and ask what they're going to receive from Tesla. Tesla presents a viable product that is revolutionary... how often can you get the performance of a Porsche but with greater efficiency than a Prius? Those types of accomplishments don't happen in environments that are easy. We have an opportunity to really make impact on the world here... and it's an endeavor that is going to have some challenges... I can hardly label this a con, when you're learning what some of the most expensive business schools would teach you... but you're getting paid to work here...

Advice to Management

While we are busy trying to achieve the quality we know we can, it's important that we as leaders at Tesla continue to re-inspire the dream that brought us from all ends of the earth to work on this company... It's an altruistic environment of very smart, intelligent and happy people... When I first came to interview 3.6 years ago, I couldn't believe how many people loved their job so much. Because money is short, my only suggestion now is to find free ways to say thank you to the employee populous, who is working so hard for you.

"innovative and rewarding company to work for"

I have been working at Tesla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative automotive company
    Strong executive leadership
    Lots of room for growth and potential to move upwards
    Working in an environment with passionate and driven individuals
    Working with some of the brightest and smartest individuals

Cons

Long, hard working hours - but you work for what you get in terms of being rewarded
    Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times