Tesla - The worst company to work ever!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla

"The worst company to work ever!!!!"

Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Tesla as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative technology. Free Cereal. Nice rural location.

Cons

This company is still a start up and is run by inexperienced and clueless managers. They treat contractors as if they were nothing, they make false promises and never fulfill them. There are no policies or procedures in place so if you are the unlucky one to work for a tyrannical manager you will never make in this company because the manager will never give you a chance to learn or to advance. My advice to anyone who is considering employment with this company, never, ever work for this company, you will regret it. There are a lot of other companies in the Bay area that treat the employees in a more humane way.

Advice to Management

Hire an HR consultant to review your management style and have all managers participate in sensitivity courses and management training before you get sued!!!!!
You don't operate in a third world country.

Other Employee Reviews for Tesla

"Hard work, competitive environment, good career opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good careeer opportunities, company is getting more successful, teams are expanding. Exciting job tasks, very intelligent colleagues.

Cons

Internal competition, high responsibilities, people get fired easily, no margin for mistakes, needs you 100% focused.

"The Opportunity of a Lifetime! No Other Company I'd Rather Work My Tail Off For!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Tesla full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tesla Motors is truly a company that you get out of what you put in. I put in an incredible amount of hard work, and I am recognized by my managers and peers. If there is a problem, I know that my managers will accept my proposals on how to solve issues and improve the company. I have been given countless opportunities to offer solutions, and I truly feel that my feedback and input has greatly shaped the organization.

- Continuous opportunities to make a difference within the company and beyond.
    - Brilliant down to earth and like minded colleagues.
    - Elon's company pep talks are amazing and inspiring.
    - Great uniform apparel.
    - Hottest companies to work for right now.
    - Employee stock incentives and purchase program.
    - What you learn and can contribute over 6 months at Tesla is like working 3 years at a larger company.

Cons

Tesla Motors will always be a demanding company to work for, and if you don't value perfection and always want to continue to improve, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out feedback from your associates and offer opportunities for growth.