Tesla - Great place to learn, but be ready to keep up with the pace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla

"Great place to learn, but be ready to keep up with the pace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, growing, and fascinating place to learn and grow within your role and the company. No day is the same as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Constant process clashes between start-up mentality and corporate mentality clamps. Company continues to grow, but is experiencing growing pains while implementing new processes.

Advice to Management

Create better training programs for new hires as trial by fire may cause the company to lose some great employees that may sink/not swim.

Other Employee Reviews for Tesla

"Accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Tesla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 'coolness' factor is very high and that is what drew me to Tesla. My job is exciting to some extent and I have a decent boss who understands my pain. Plus pay is OK

Cons

There is absolutely no work life balance and the upper management sucks, especially when they think anyone not with a IVY LEAGUE degree is not Tesla worthy! I have seen contractors are worked to the bone and I have first hand information that they are told to not charge overtime if they want a permanent job!!! THAT IS NOT COOOL AT ALL!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Respect people with experience and people who give their time away from family to make Tesla a better company. You have some people who do their job to a minimal extent but survive because of a pretty face!

"choose your own adventure to build a high-tech car company"

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Tesla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tesla is young and growing extremely fast, both in employee numbers and production volumes. They have built mid-sized manufacturing lines from scratch in under a year. This is driven by smart teams of individual contributors. There is management and direction, but success depends on the motivation, self-direction, and effectiveness of lots of individuals. This provides a chance to direct what you work on and how you will develop. (At least in my experience)

Cons

Can be a hectic, fast paced work environment. Projects accelerate change directions fast, as needed.

Advice to Management

Communication and management across teams is improving, but this needs to get a lot better as Tesla gets bigger. In early years, decisions were made by bumping into someone in the parking lot. Now we need to grow better institutionalized collaboration and communication.