Tesla - Overall experience is good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla

"Overall experience is good."

Current Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It is a lot of work, but you can definitely learn a lot as an intern at Tesla. Besides that, the SF Bay area is a great place...a lot of fun

Cons

It is not clear if there will be a full-time opportunity in the future.
Sometimes, you may not get enough resource/support.

Advice to Management

Tesla has the best engineers and interns. But sometimes, these young talents deserve more attention and opportunity. What keeps people at Tesla should be much more than a fact that Tesla make cool cars.

Other Employee Reviews for Tesla

"Not sure what's on the road ahead of this electric car company"

Current Employee - Electromechanical Technician in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Electromechanical Technician in San Carlos, CA

Pros

What Tesla is trying to do is challenging, interesting, and important. The company is OK, management is OK, but the economy is a challenge and it is really hard for us to get working versions of all our custom designed parts. I think it will be always good to have Tesla on my resume!

Cons

Who knows if we will make it. We just had a 20% layoff, leaving a lot more work for the rest of us. Who knows if there will be more layoffs.

Advice to Management

Maybe we should slow down the sedan project, try to avoid custom parts, try to get our suppliers to bear more costs, and try agressive licensing of our IP to others making electric vehicles.

"Mechanical Engineer at Tesla Motors"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Carlos, CA

Pros

Once you have a mission, it's hard to go back to having a job. The people who work here really believe that they are changing the world.

Cons

Politics, risk. Some teams are dysfunctional, others work very well, depends on manager. All parts of the company are growing and so have growing pains. Don't expect fully functional or funded support staff in facilities, IT, HR or any department that isn't purely technical. Although it has 250 employees, it is still very much a start up at least in this respect.

Benefits are lackluster at best.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees for putting in the extra hours and going the extra mile.