Tetra Tech - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Current Employee - Electrical Designer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Electrical Designer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, lots of opportunities to learn and the people are very easy going. In the mississauga office there are several engineering teams and working in multi-disciplinary projects allows people to learn new knowledge. They have felx time, which is great especially for people with kids. Overall is a great place to work.

Cons

Some times the workload gets very low and people get a little bit nervous about their job.

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job, room for improvement in multi-disciplinary projets, especially in how different departments communicate

Other Employee Reviews for Tetra Tech

1. "Pretty Good"

Pros

Access to a great network of people. Opportunity to work on a number of large projects.

Cons

A little balkanized. A mass of separate companies that sometimes work at odds with each other. Too many separate profit centers create competition within the company.

Advice to Management

Create incentives for different offices within the same company, and for the different companies to work together. Meld the various companies into a coherent whole.

2. "Disorganized and disfunctional but with a fantastic group of people"

Current Contractor - Senior Electrical Engineer
    Current Contractor - Senior Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Tetra Tech as a contractor

Pros

I go to work each day to see my friends and I am lucky enough to get paid for it.

Cons

Work process is inconsistent/non-existant. Project management is weak. Simple work is difficult and complex. It is difficult to do a good job.

Advice to Management

We sell engineering services. You work for the engineers, not the other way around. Give us the support that we need or get out of the way.