Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission - Great learning experience. | Glassdoor

"Great learning experience."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

Pros

Great people, great work-life balance

Cons

Compensation....if i were getting paid more I would not be looking for other jobs. There are career ladders for certain positions, some advance quickly and get decent pay increases, others-particularly the Administrative Assistant has 2 years between each raise of about $100 to your monthly salary. Those positions that are not part of a career ladder are subject to merits at the supervisor's discretion or when money is available. As we all know, there will not be any extra money in the government any time soon :(.

Advice to Management

I've had very positive interaction with the leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

1. "Great benefits, negative workplace."

Current Employee - Enforcement Agent
    Current Employee - Enforcement Agent

Pros

The benefits for my family are great! Training has certainly improved, and there are a few supervisors I look up to and trust.

Cons

Very negative environment gets you down and unfocused. Atmosphere full of backbiters and coworkers who should really be minding their own business and taking care of their jobs. Management is aware of this problem but it continues and brings down the good people. Also, facility is out of date with zero modernization besides computers.

Advice to Management

Make this a positive place to work and more good people would stick around. Agents take it from all sides, public, coworkers, supervisors. Remember this and protect your employees from it. The job is stressful enough, much less having everyone seemingly out to get you. Modernize facilities, and consider training to reduce workplace stress, especially for supervisors.

2. "I worked there 5 years and enjoyed my job."

Former Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a great group of people who work here! They work together to support each other and get the job done.

Cons

Management should do away with the three legged stool idea and stress cohesiveness, not division. Work on building one team.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same. Stop using the budget as an excuse.