Texas Instruments - I enjoyed working for the company but you had a real bad drinker for a manager and we didn't see eye to eye that was why | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

"I enjoyed working for the company but you had a real bad drinker for a manager and we didn't see eye to eye that was why"

Former Employee - Manintenance Mechanical, Locksmith, Secreat Clearance in McKinney, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

TI is a very good company to work for I worked for the for 23 years I the past and enjoyed it

Cons

The managers need to listen to the worker bees at times they have good ideals.

Advice to Management

there are a few bad apples in the Management teams. There attitude is do it there was or hit the highway. I worked there for 23+ years.

Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments

1. "Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was given wide latitude to find and fix problems, and received recognition in the Corporate Citizenship Report. Our group was like a family that was spread across the world.
    Great benefits and Profit Sharing. Company is dedicated to humanitarian projects in all countries in which it does business. Employees are encouraged to volunteer, and are allowed time during work hours to do so. Civic involvement is encouraged.

Cons

Like all large companies, sometimes the structure impedes progress and adds costs. A (very) few in department-level HR are not always willing to address issues.

Advice to Management

Centralization of some functions has actually created waste.

2. "Traditional, but stable and ethical company. Great place for long-term career types; harder for dreamers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An American company with manufacturing in America! Almost unheard of these days. Stable, ethical, and with a CEO that's sane, competent, and fairly compensated. Plus it's good work.

Cons

Easy to get stuck in place. Movement within TI is slow, particularly if you're not within a design group.

Advice to Management

Skunkworks would be wonderful, or at least funded R&D outside the fabs and design orgs. While I was there, quality was a sort of lower 10% org, which made it all but impossible for non-managers to break out into greater things.