Texas Instruments - Challenging work, keeps your skills current | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

"Challenging work, keeps your skills current"

Pros

- Always have challenging work. You won't become a dinosaur working here.
- I've never heard of a more humane company when it comes to family emergencies or personal issues (assuming you don't have a history of abusing their trust) such as death in the family, hospital leave, etc.
- You will work with the smartest, gentlest people and will love going to work. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork and egalitarianism. They must intentionally look for collaborators because there are very few bullies or uber-negative competitive types. If you're type A personality but also ethical and respectful, you'll fit right in.
- True flex time. Work overtime when its needed and take off when it isn't. No one cares when you arrive and when you leave as long as you perform above a certain level. (You have to earn the privilege first, so not many people abuse the system.) This is the first place I've ever worked where I wasn't frustrated by deadbeats.
- Truly collaborative. The web team doesn't one-up each other. Everyone is hired for a specific talent, and is expected to exchange ideas and help each other. If I don't know how to code a particular feature, I can literally go ask around and people are excited to pitch in. (The web is so splintered, there are a lot of processes, and we change things so quickly that this is really critical. No one can make it alone in this game anymore!)

Cons

- Onramping is difficult. Things change quickly and we're interdependent. Just chill for the first year and half -- all your colleagues went through this too. Do not expect to be 100% independent as quickly as you would be elsewhere. No one will blame you. Its just part of working for a fast-paced, global company.

Advice to Management

Managers tend to be a unintuitive when it comes to human limitations, but once they get it your manager will step in and work it out. However, I wonder if manager training needs to be re-evaluated. I know many people try to get away with as little work as possible but you don't have any of those people here. Learn to discern when that conversation is a last resort from when it's merely escapism. Everything else is pretty great.

Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments

"Was acquired in the National Semiconductor purchase"

Pros

Good benefits. Worked in a Design Center and the people were great. Worked in R&D and was very well supported in new equipment and/or technologies for use in development work.

Cons

Project decisions are often made with short minded goals. Drive for immediate return on R&D investment does not allow time for the R&D teams to properly meet design goals, corners get cut.

2. "Decent company to work for"

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is decent

Cons

Management is disconnected; technology is poor