Texas Instruments - Used to be great; now does not care about quality work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

"Used to be great; now does not care about quality work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You work with smart people who are helping create the future.

Cons

always do things the "safe" way, don't ruffle feathers, be "good enough"

Advice to Management

time for the old guard to move on

Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments

1. "Challenging work, keeps your skills current"

Pros

- Always have challenging work. You won't become a dinosaur working here.
    - I've never heard of a more humane company when it comes to family emergencies or personal issues (assuming you don't have a history of abusing their trust) such as death in the family, hospital leave, etc.
    - You will work with the smartest, gentlest people and will love going to work. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork and egalitarianism. They must intentionally look for collaborators because there are very few bullies or uber-negative competitive types. If you're type A personality but also ethical and respectful, you'll fit right in.
    - True flex time. Work overtime when its needed and take off when it isn't. No one cares when you arrive and when you leave as long as you perform above a certain level. (You have to earn the privilege first, so not many people abuse the system.) This is the first place I've ever worked where I wasn't frustrated by deadbeats.
    - Truly collaborative. The web team doesn't one-up each other. Everyone is hired for a specific talent, and is expected to exchange ideas and help each other. If I don't know how to code a particular feature, I can literally go ask around and people are excited to pitch in. (The web is so splintered, there are a lot of processes, and we change things so quickly that this is really critical. No one can make it alone in this game anymore!)

Cons

- Onramping is difficult. Things change quickly and we're interdependent. Just chill for the first year and half -- all your colleagues went through this too. Do not expect to be 100% independent as quickly as you would be elsewhere. No one will blame you. Its just part of working for a fast-paced, global company.

Advice to Management

Managers tend to be a unintuitive when it comes to human limitations, but once they get it your manager will step in and work it out. However, I wonder if manager training needs to be re-evaluated. I know many people try to get away with as little work as possible but you don't have any of those people here. Learn to discern when that conversation is a last resort from when it's merely escapism. Everything else is pretty great.

"TSE Rotation Program--Prepares New College Grads to Face Engineering Challenges in a Customer-Facing Role"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to a field sales office to begin the program provides an exciting overview of what a technical sales role entails. The product marketing and business operations rotations that follow are filled with challenging, impactful work that allow TSEs to contribute to the sales and marketing teams while also building a TI network to be leveraged in the future. The quick 1-3 month rotations also mirror the fast-paced environment one can expect when entering into a sales or marketing role.

Cons

None! The TSE program is a real investment on TI's part in terms of the time and resources it provides for its technical sales engineers.