Texas Parks & Wildlife Department - The best work that I've ever done; the worst professional decision that I've ever made.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

"The best work that I've ever done; the worst professional decision that I've ever made...."

Former Employee - Program Administrator in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Program Administrator in Austin, TX

I worked at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most fulfilling opportunities to make a positive impact on one's home.

Cons

Employment guarantees one to leave the functional business market forever, become a highly qualified "blacksmith" in a robotic age. Prepare to be left destitute in old age.

Advice to Management

Shame on you for having such little dedication to those employed that have given so much in service to the constituents of the great state of Texas.

Other Employee Reviews for Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

1. "Love this agency and the work I got to do with them."

Pros

Great people committed to their work. A fun, family-friendly work culture and environment. Excellent benefits and comp time policy. Casual dress code. All the perks of working for a natural resource, recreation and outdoors focused organization.

Cons

As is common with government, bureaucracy can be a huge challenge. Funding is determined by the legislature and lower than most state agencies. This impacts salary and opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Streamline mandated business polices and procedures. Listen to and empower the field and in working together with headquarters. Find ways to better generate revenue and self-fund programs and activities.

2. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX

I worked at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great supervisors. Organizations is really big on family and have several events a year where your family can come and join you at work.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while for a decision to be made. Often times once a decision is made it will be re-visited again and again.

Advice to Management

Select the right players to make the decisions and fully support them.