Textron - Good Old Boys Club | Glassdoor

"Good Old Boys Club"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI

I worked at Textron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned Six Sigma and other functional business experience that has helped me with my career.

Cons

Not a very female-friendly culture. I had male colleagues say unprofessional and in particular when I was pregnant, inappropriate comments simply because I was female. There is almost no diversity. Unless you are an old, white male, this is not the place to work.

There is absolutely no career growth or talent management. I worked with some very talented, smart people who either were laid off or left. By the time I left the company at the end of 2010, all the good talent was gone.

Advice to Management

Hire diverse, talented people and the innovation will come.

Other Employee Reviews for Textron

"Good rotational program, did not really like the people"

Current Intern - Finance Intern in Providence, RI
    Current Intern - Finance Intern in Providence, RI

I have been working at Textron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The rotational program gives you exposure to the whole company. Management really tries to help put you in a place to succeed.

Cons

The people weren't that friendly and the work wasn't that challenging. I just didn't really feel like I fit in in with the company culture.

Overall, I felt bored most of the time, and when I tried to ask for work, my bosses gave me busy work to fill up my time. I also wished that the internship program did more for their interns. A lot of times, it felt like we were just left alone and not given much to do.

Advice to Management

none really

2. "Challenging with great potential for advancement."

Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD

Pros

Textron Corp offers its employees fairly strong job security, excellent pay compared to competitors, and an opportunity to further your education through tuition assistance.

Cons

Travel is often necessary and sometimes burdensome depending on your position. Typical office politics do occasionally interfere with the smooth flow of business.

Advice to Management

I have no particular advice to current Management that I wouldn't also extend to any corporation in the world today.