Textron Systems - Human Resources- Entry Level | Glassdoor

"Human Resources- Entry Level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Textron Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You can get promoted quickly if you do a good job because they don't want to backfill anyone and only shuffle people around. - the benefits - camaraderie amongst lower level employees

Cons

I would HIGHLY CAUTION anyone who is considering accepting a job in Human Resources at Textron Systems. I have never been part of such a dysfunctional group of HR professionals. During my time with the company, I found the HR department to be very hypocritical...we would tell other employees and managers what they would need to do and wouldn't even follow our own rules. Additionally, the HR leadership team is not transparent at all with their decision making and there is no flow down of communication to lower level employees. The most frustrating thing while I was there was that employees in HR aren't recognized for the work they do..if you do a good job that is just the standard, but if you mess up it's the end of the world and you are chastised and yelled at. The HR team does not work as a "team"; people love to point fingers at you, and they don't ever try and help you out in situations where you need support. Senior leadership couldn't care less about lower level employees, how much work you have, or how stressed you are; they will tell you to keep working. The Talent Acquisition team is in disarray and has essentially fallen apart and no one seems to care at all, which for the team is upsetting and frustrating. There are no goals within the HR team, and if there is they sure aren't celebrated at all. Lastly, during my time at Textron Systems, I was never once asked for feedback from upper management in regards to how things are going, how my manager is doing, how processes are being ran..which I think goes to show just how much they care about lower level employees opinions.

Continue reading
    Textron Systems2017-09-15
  1. "Great company to work for - they take care of their employees"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good communication up and down the chain. Benefits are clearly defined. Let you do your work and value your opinion. Ability to move and grow with the company.

Cons

Haven't found any in 10+ years

Textron Systems2019-07-15
  2. "Beyond frustration"

Current Employee - Planner in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to work from home when needed. Coworkers and direct manager is great.

Cons

Upper level management is only worried about the bottom line. They don't listen to their employees. Senior management cannot give clear a priority of needs. Company is in a constant state of panic trying to make everything happen all at once.

Continue reading
    Textron Systems2020-02-25

Discover more reviews about Textron Systems.