Textron Systems - Good company with plenty of upside potential for results oriented people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Textron Systems

"Good company with plenty of upside potential for results oriented people."

I worked at Textron Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse product lines offer a variety of skill areas to explore and develop an individuals career. Mobile individuals are highly regarded.
Good rewards and recognition program for self starters.
Solid leadership development program just starting to catch on - and it will make a difference sooner rather than later.

Cons

Like most other defense contractors they are scrambling a bit to stay relevant with their customers.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you came from...

Other Employee Reviews for Textron Systems

1. "Good company, but defense industry is shaky"

Pros

The staff and management are good and they keep everyone apprised. The software is good and the company has a good reputation.

Cons

Overwatch's main customer base is the military. Military spending is getting squeezed. It is not as stable as when I joined the company.

Advice to Management

Start looking towards new customer base and expand. They need more revenue streams and more contracts. They need to increase spending in research and development.

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

The company is big enough in the defense industry which makes employees feel that their work is important for national security but not a mega defense corporation where people are units of labor.

The team members are great. Unlike many companies I've worked with, the HR staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Very quick to respond to questions and get things done.

My manager is very active in my career growth within the company and really invests alot of time in me.

Work/Life balance (you can come in to work at 10am if you want - as long as you get your 8 hours in and the work is done by deadline), laid back work place

Cons

Pay is comfortable but not like drug/healthcare industry, the consulting industry or IT field where salaries are much higher. Hey, it's the defense industry.

If you don't have your clearance, you can't work on the really cool stuff right away (this is also a PRO because they will put you in for a clearance - next year I should be able to work on the cool stuff)

Advice to Management

Hire more senior military officers fresh from retirement to help win even more business. For such a military/government/intelligence driven environment, I don't see too many former military people in leadership these days.