Textron Systems - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Pros

The company is big enough in the defense industry which makes employees feel that their work is important for national security but not a mega defense corporation where people are units of labor.

The team members are great. Unlike many companies I've worked with, the HR staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Very quick to respond to questions and get things done.

My manager is very active in my career growth within the company and really invests alot of time in me.

Work/Life balance (you can come in to work at 10am if you want - as long as you get your 8 hours in and the work is done by deadline), laid back work place

Cons

Pay is comfortable but not like drug/healthcare industry, the consulting industry or IT field where salaries are much higher. Hey, it's the defense industry.

If you don't have your clearance, you can't work on the really cool stuff right away (this is also a PRO because they will put you in for a clearance - next year I should be able to work on the cool stuff)

Advice to Management

Hire more senior military officers fresh from retirement to help win even more business. For such a military/government/intelligence driven environment, I don't see too many former military people in leadership these days.

Other Employee Reviews for Textron Systems

1. "Great Company, Many Oppurtunities"

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, many young adults, easy to get comfortable.

Cons

Lower Salaries for entry level positions.

"Mediocore"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decently competitive salary, nice cubicles, some good people, cant really think of anything else but I have to meet the 20 word minimum

Cons

People are put into roles that they are not good at and have no experience in. Everything is outsourced whch takes away from your opportunities. Not much work or opportunity is given to people who are starting out in their careers.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the LDP program. So much money is spent on them yet they are unqualified for the roles they land in. Stop outsourcing - that is the reason there is such high turnover.