Textron Systems - Good Company, but lack of moral | Glassdoor

"Good Company, but lack of moral"

Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron Systems for less than a year

Pros

Textron systems is a large company, with a small company feel. There is a lot of opportunity to move up or to a different sector as you desire. They treat their interns pretty well as far as benefits go. I go a signing bonus and paid holidays over the summer. I worked here two summers and they are definitely more organized the second one.

Cons

Moral is extremely low. Everyone seems to think it is a sinking ship even though stock prices rise. Very little money is spent on R&D which is concerning for the future. They built a drone that they can't sell. Each sector seems to hate the other sectors. (I.E. quality complains about engineering and vice versa, engineering about PMs, PMs about upper management, everyone complains about HR). Also, there is a lot of wasted time as an intern. I'm not sure why they hire so many without work to give them all.

Continue reading
    Textron Systems2015-06-21
  1. "Great company to work for - they take care of their employees"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good communication up and down the chain. Benefits are clearly defined. Let you do your work and value your opinion. Ability to move and grow with the company.

Cons

Haven't found any in 10+ years

Textron Systems2019-07-15
  2. "Beyond frustration"

Current Employee - Planner in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to work from home when needed. Coworkers and direct manager is great.

Cons

Upper level management is only worried about the bottom line. They don't listen to their employees. Senior management cannot give clear a priority of needs. Company is in a constant state of panic trying to make everything happen all at once.

Continue reading
    Textron Systems2020-02-25

Discover more reviews about Textron Systems.