Texture - Great company with greater potentials | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Texture

"Great company with greater potentials"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Texture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is building a killer app that may profoundly change the entire magazine industry. People here are very nice to work with, the management team does a great job to connect all departments tightly together. Work place is full of fun, the project is full of challenges but you can learn A LOT from it.

Cons

Below par compensation but have bonus plans.

Since it's a joint venture formed by other industry giants, company doesn't have full freedom to aggressively grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Texture

"Promising industry, fun work environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Texture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have fun every day and genuinely feel we can disrupt an industry and be successful creating the best content experience out there.

Cons

Being the result of a joint venture it can sometimes feel like we're not moving fast enough.

2. "Tech tries to do publishing"

I have been working at Texture full-time

Pros

For a publishing company, the pay and benefits are great. Just off the 101. Truly an open-door company. No problems sitting down with the CEO. John Loughlin is great: a true leader, and one of the best listeners I've ever met. A lot of the engineers are real team players, which helps make the culture warm and inviting. There is a lot of support whether you are female, disabled, or just have lower self-esteem. Just say something.

Cons

For a tech company, the pay and benefits are just okay. Too far to walk from Caltrain. Some of the engineers have egos that are difficult to work with, but isn't that everywhere? Not a lot of employees with publishing experience, so the publishing part needs some help.

Advice to Management

Spend some one-on-one time with employees. I think there are a lot of thoughts never expressed in spite of the surveys.