"Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodley, NC

I have been working at Thames Water full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great team of people throughout the business, hard work is often rewarded, and the management are always on hand to support you in any matter.

Cons

Not enough staff to achieve what they want to, and the staff that are there are are pushed to deliver.

Continue reading
  1. "Data reconstruction specialist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Thames Water

Pros

I am a US citizen and lived in England with a Military husband. I work for the US Federal Service but have to wait for a opening when my husband is transferred between duty stations. I worked a Thames Water until a opening with the US government. I was hired as a temporary employee and this was my first job for a foreign company. My Supervisor and the co-workers were lovely. My duties and goals were well laid out. If I lived in the England I would work for Thames Water again.

Cons

They sprayed regularly for fleas when the office was closed but the darn fleas chewed up my ankles and legs. They didn't bother my co-workers so I assume that the fleas thought I was fresh meat. :-)

2. "Quite like it"

Current Employee -  in Reading, PA

I have been working at Thames Water full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big company, loads of responsibility early on. Thrown into it all. Great to be part of a company on the up. Keeping tap water tasty and safe. Love being able to say I'm part of that.

Cons

Massive companies take time to change. There's also a lot of layers of management which can dilute messages from the top down or bottom up.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Thames Water.