The Agora Companies - Unparalleled Opportunity for Driven and Dedicated Professionals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Agora Companies

"Unparalleled Opportunity for Driven and Dedicated Professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Agora Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An exceptionally approachable senior management team.
Encouraged to develop new ideas, tactics, strategies regardless of title or tenure.
A unique culture which commands a strong sense of pride and comradery amongst employees.
Unique appreciation for a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

Not a hand-holding environment - will only excel if driven and understand accountability.

Other Employee Reviews for The Agora Companies

"Entrepreneurial and Underwhelming"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Agora Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At first Agora is a very young and "happening" company. The dresscode is relaxed, the management seems down to earth and helpful. Cool buildings, cool location, (minus the parking and breakins)

Cons

Management is completelty unorganized and untrusting. One or two of the smaller affiliates is constantly trying to keep up with the bigger, more successful, affiliates and makes a mess of it. Shady marketing tactics.

Advice to Management

The bigger affiliates are doing it right, cut your losses with the smaller ones.

The Agora Companies Response

Jun 7, 2016

We recently revisited some of our old reviews and this one made us feel pretty good, actually. Mostly because we chose to ignore the reviewer's advice to "...cut your losses...." All of The Agora ... More

"Comfortable place to work and start your career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Flexibility in your work schedule and casual dress everyday you work. Young and energetic co-workers with room to move up. Also get opportunities to be creative.

Cons

A smaller company so there is only so far you can go. Doesn't provide advanced education reimbursement and you must train yourself on many things.

Advice to Management

Clarity please, we need more clear on our goals. Listen to the ideas of every employee, just because someone in the past had successful ideas doesn't mean they will work in the future and that others ideas will not work. Re-invent how we do things more often, just changing a products name will not always work.