The Arc - Middlesex County - We do it for the clients, not for the rude treatment and disregard we face from our top dogs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County

"We do it for the clients, not for the rude treatment and disregard we face from our top dogs."

Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ
Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ

Pros

It's a great feeling to be part of improving the quality of life of the people we support. It's a good way to make other professional contacts in your local community and to learn how to be more sensitive to other people.

Cons

You will be invisible to upper management. We are all replaceable and we are only recognized when something is not done correctly. No room for advancement, no raises in 4 years but you will continually be given heavier work loads with no support from Directors. You will be exhausted from your big caseloads and told that you need to bring more money in for the agency. The quality of support to our clients is not important to the Executive Directors, they just push you to get quality because that's how they get paid. When you ask for assistance from an you will be ignored and not even acknowledged. The sarcasm and lack of social skills from upper Management is laughable. You will be treated as a nuisance if you address any issues out of an Executive Directors comfort level. You have a fashion police Director who will embarrass you for wearing anything that isn't loosefitting and matronly because it's "unprofessional." Forget holiday parties, bonuses bigger than $100, raises, overtime, respect and dignity. You don't get that here.

Advice to Management

Recognize that bad morale can not be ignored or it will keep trickling down and effect every aspect of the organization. Treat your employees kindly and reward, recognize them when appropriate. Take an active interest in your employees well being. Consider quality over quantity if you wish to be the provider of choice.

Other Employee Reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County

1. "yes I can"

Former Employee - DSP in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - DSP in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at The Arc - Middlesex County (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job great benefits great work hours. Chance to move up..great ideal work place..love this place it's nice

Cons

Low morale it can hurt a work place..make people uncomfortable.
     Live love laugh eat be merry and cheerful and smile it can save a life

Advice to Management

Smile it makes a huge difference..don't come to work with an attitude. Smile..it don't hurt. Cheerful is the key. Always smile

2. "meh"

Former Employee - Home Respite Worker in North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Home Respite Worker in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at The Arc - Middlesex County (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good cause to work for

Cons

LOW PAY. The top keeps giving themselves raises.

lack of support from higher level staff, safety issues, out-dated facilities, out-dated methods for teaching, out-dated training program, OUTDATED MANAGEMENT and HR POLICIES. Co-workers skew old (not necessarily a bad thing) and uneducated.