The Art Institute Online - Adjunct | Glassdoor

"Adjunct"

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at The Art Institute Online part-time for more than 9 years

Pros

There are NO PROS at this place.

Cons

Horrible place to work. The educational system, the teaching and the management are automated. It's the BORG. If they could function without living teachers, they would...I think they re headed that way.

The Art Institute Online2017-02-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "It's been a great environment. You are expected to excel and meet their standards."

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at The Art Institute Online full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer a pretty good pay, a great work environment, and solid benefits. It's great getting to go to work here everyday.

Cons

What your job experience is like can vary greatly from director to director. I find their Compliance gaps to put a lot of unnecessary feelings of having to watch over your shoulder especially for newer employees.

Advice to Management

Change compliance gaps, split up pto and sick time. Treat employees situationally instead of slapping a rule or compliance gap on it.

The Art Institute Online2018-02-01
    2. "Adjunct Professor - Facilitator"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at The Art Institute Online part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

You can work from anywhere.

Cons

1. The pay is too low. 2. There are too many students in the classes. 3. They expect you to go to meetings but want you to do it for volunteer work and not pay. 4. They expect you to take extra classes to have 10 hours of continued education. But wont even let their employees enroll in their own classes for free. 5. They don't allow for Facilitators to attend any meeting related to curriculum changes or updates, or...

Advice to Management

I have given advice to management in the past and they don't listen so no point in writing it out here.

The Art Institute Online2018-09-06

Discover more reviews about The Art Institute Online.