The Art Institute Online - Terrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at The Art Institute Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits for entry level employees

Cons

I was hired as an Assistant Director of Admissions. It seemed like a great thing at the time as I had only a high school education and was fresh from the army with no experience in a civilian job. I soon found out that the job was in fact a telemarketing position which was not at all what I believed that job would be.

Advice to Management

Present the nature of the job more accurately to prospective employees.

The Art Institute Online2013-09-02

Other Employee Reviews

1. "It's been a great environment. You are expected to excel and meet their standards."

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at The Art Institute Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer a pretty good pay, a great work environment, and solid benefits. It's great getting to go to work here everyday.

Cons

What your job experience is like can vary greatly from director to director. I find their Compliance gaps to put a lot of unnecessary feelings of having to watch over your shoulder especially for newer employees.

Advice to Management

Change compliance gaps, split up pto and sick time. Treat employees situationally instead of slapping a rule or compliance gap on it.

The Art Institute Online2018-02-01
  2. "Adjunct Professor - Facilitator"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at The Art Institute Online part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can work from anywhere.

Cons

1. The pay is too low. 2. There are too many students in the classes. 3. They expect you to go to meetings but want you to do it for volunteer work and not pay. 4. They expect you to take extra classes to have 10 hours of continued education. But wont even let their employees enroll in their own classes for free. 5. They don't allow for Facilitators to attend any meeting related to curriculum changes or updates, or...

Advice to Management

I have given advice to management in the past and they don't listen so no point in writing it out here.

The Art Institute Online2018-09-06

Discover more reviews about The Art Institute Online.