The Art Institutes - It seems like a great job at first...... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes

"It seems like a great job at first......"

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I worked at The Art Institutes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to the art scene in your community, interesting artistic professionals, students, and instructors.

Cons

Every minute of your day is micro-managed and then reported in multiple emails to the entire team, and President of the school, several times a day. All that they care about is applications, and how many students start- in other words....money. There is NO morality in terms of who they will accept - if the student is willing to take out $100,000 in loans, then they will accept them and force you to find SOME distant relative who loves this brainwashed student enough to co-sign for them. I actually feel sick when I think about how many students I enrolled, following my training from Ai, and who will never be able to pay off the loans they have signed up for under my guidance. For a while, we had a really solid Admissions team, President and Dean- but Corporate has ruined that atmosphere- driving nearly everyone away from the school and creating an aggressive churn-and-burn environment. Work here at your own risk. The starting salary seems great, but you'll quickly realize that it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Not worth the effort of offering advice. This company is so saturated with the most obnoxiously toxic and ignorant corporate kool-aid, that there is no advice that will resonate with anyone in "management."

Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institutes

1. "it is never to late to grow up"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at The Art Institutes as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that love the work they do just lack the support to do it well.

Cons

low pay lack of support from corporate

Advice to Management

you only add value when you improve the small things.

2. "Great peers, lousy/sleezy management"

I worked at The Art Institutes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people work as a team and recognize that they are there to support students. Not very political, at least where I worked in Academic Affairs, although this may have changed.

Cons

Value the dollar, not the student. No potential for growth. Parent company EDMC makes blanket decisions that affect all Art Institutes, regardless of it is the best business decision for one particular school.

Advice to Management

Knock your personal egos down a bit and tune into employees and students.