The Asia Foundation - My colleagues were very friendly and helpful, but the salary was a bit low. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Asia Foundation

"My colleagues were very friendly and helpful, but the salary was a bit low."

Former Contractor - Consultancy in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Former Contractor - Consultancy in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I worked at The Asia Foundation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment was great. The causes that The Asia Foundation works for are very crucial. SO I gained a lot of job satisfaction during my contract period. The management is efficient so I had no trouble with anything, it was over all a very good experience.

Cons

I worked for The Asia Foundation for an independent contract. I had to write a report on a tow-day long conference held at their Dhaka office. It was a great learning experience and the working environment was very good, but in my opinion the salary for the job was a bit low. My expectation was that they would pay me at least $10 per hour, but the pay was around $8.5 per hour.

Advice to Management

To settle the payment issues in detail before beginning the work so the employer is well aware what to expect and have the opportunity to negotiate if s/he wishes to do so.

Other Employee Reviews for The Asia Foundation

"Experience varies depending on department"

Pros

-Great work and mission
    -Friendly, smart, dedicated coworkers
    -Interesting events and opportunities come up often

Cons

-Travel assignments routinely delegated to the same people, though the skill sets required are not unique to them. This leaves some people travel-weary while others don't benefit from the professional development opportunity
    -Bad managers/directors reign unchecked (ego issues, micromanagement, rudeness, cattiness - M and F, no regard for junior staff development)
    -Stuffy environment

Advice to Management

Some people are extremely stressed and overworked while others are desperate for more responsibilities and opportunities. Professional development doesn't just = promotion so learn to allocate work more efficiently/equitably to keep everyone happy.

2. "Great growth experience for young professionals in other fields"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Pros

Very flexible work environment, exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and issues, good remuneration (on par with consulting firms). Overall a good learning experience.

Cons

Desperate need for more staff, especially if the office is to achieve the broad coverage it aspires to achieve. Also, brand recognition could be better.

Advice to Management

There's a good plan in place, but the staffing constraints could really derail everything... if I were to offer any "feedback" or "advice" it would be to try to get creative and/or aggressive in overcoming the staffing deficit.